In short, we are looking for an experienced and high-calibre privacy subject matter expert (SME) with a strong background as a practicing privacy practitioner to assume a key role in an extensive programme of work underway with a very special client in the heart of the City. Knowledge of the GDPR and other relevant legislation is a core requirement whilst financial services knowledge is desirable but not a must. This role is inside of IR35. SC clearance is also desirable.
In your application please specify what privacy qualifications you hold (if any) along with the specifics of your GDPR/privacy experience.
You will work within a department whose responsibility is informing the defence of the organisations information, systems, people and interests against cyber threats. It is led by the CISO, who reports to the Chief Operating Officer and the role will be part of the GDPR Project team.
The increasing frequency of well-publicised losses of sensitive data underline why this very important organisation takes seriously its responsibilities in relation to personal data. The jobholder will play an important part in making sure that the organisation meets its obligations under the GDPR as part of a project team supporting the DPO, principally by providing high quality advice to business areas on the appropriate handling of personal information, as well as by delivering staff training and awareness initiatives. In return, the job-holder will enjoy the chance to work as part of a professional team in a department that is gaining increasing exposure within the organisation.
Reporting to the project business owner, the role holder will:
- Support the ongoing delivery of the organisation’s GDPR compliance project.
- Drawing on their expert knowledge, provide high-quality and timely advice on compliance with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation, and related legislation, supporting stakeholders around the organisation.
- As necessary, provide expert input into Privacy Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments to assess the impact of proposed changes to business processes and agree appropriate mitigating actions.
- Where necessary, advise on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data.
- Support the review and refresh of relevant policies, procedures and guidance.
- Undertake routine monitoring and provide demonstrable assurance that data protection controls are operating effectively.
- Help to shape initiatives to drive a culture that values and respects data relating to individuals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable relevant experience as a practising privacy practitioner, evidenced through professional experience and the completion of relevant professional qualifications.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate themselves clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Be able to exchange sensitive and complex information, using the most appropriate method for their audience and adopting their style where required, including when needing to deliver tough messages.
- Have good judgement and the ability to stay calm under pressure, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Be capable of working under minimal supervision or direction on work that may have a level of complexity, co-ordinating the work of others where necessary and escalating as appropriate.
- Be able to take organisational view and encourage team and others to consider wider issues.
- Show an understanding of the role and functions of the organisation, wider issues impacting organisation and links to own division.
- Have an interest in wider data protection and privacy issues.
- Have substantial experience of at least 15 years in their specialist field with a minimum of 6 years in a consultancy role.
- Have In-depth knowledge of the financial services and/or regulatory sector and of current policy and political issues affecting it.
- Will have previous experience providing privacy advice to at least five major projects, preferably in the financial services and/or regulatory sector.
This engagement will run until Dec 2018 with ample opportunities for continued work within MapSterling.
The organisation sees this as inside IR35 expecting individuals being put forward to be employees of a consultancy. MapSterling will engage individuals through umbrella companies.
Those that don’t hold SC clearance will be put through this vetting at no cost – this vetting will last for 10 years.
MapSterling have a small but well respected presence with this client and are keen to hear from anyone that may be interested in this role. The role itself will provide great job satisfaction and you will be embedded with a very welcoming and highly professional client team along with another BA from the MapSterling team. MapSterling provide continued learning and development to all of our contractors and offer a good ‘reach-back’ capability allowing you to ask questions and seek advice outside of the day to day client environment. Ultimately, we need a strong, experienced and keen privacy expert. For those that produce good high-quality results there will be ample chance for extensions or movement across this well respected and unique organisation.
How to apply
Interested? Get in touch now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Don’t forget to include what privacy qualifications you hold (if any) along with the specifics of your GDPR/privacy experience)
To see our full list of vacancies click here.
In order to consider you for this role your CV will be shared with our client, it will not be shared with any other clients or for any other roles without first seeking your consent. We request that you do not include any sensitive personal data in you your CV. In future, if we come across a role we believe you may be interested in we will contact you about that role by phone and email, you may opt out of these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
– To find out more about how MapSterling look after your personal data please see our privacy page here: https://mapsterling.com/privacy/
Job Type: Contract
Salary: The salary for this position is highly dependent on experience and ranges from £700 to £1100 per day.